Pine bark contains a powerful antioxidant known as pycnogenol. Pycnogenol has numerous health benefits.
Pycnogenol is known for its ability to:
- Reduce stress
- Reduce inflammation of the prostate
- Improves skin elasticity
- Reduce swelling of the lower limbs
- Strengthen the walls of the blood vessels, veins, arteries and capillaries that supply the heart Reduce allergic reactions
- Reduce the risk of phlebitis
- Reduce neuropathy and diabetic retinopathy
- Improve vitality of the cells
- Reduce ADHD / ADD
- Prevent the formation of varicose veins
Antioxidants are proven to prevent cell damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals cause various diseases like atherosclerosis, heart disease, some chronic diseases, various types of cancer, Alzheimer`s disease and Parkinson’s disease. They also accelerate the aging process and on the other hand antioxidants help in preventing this process. Free radicals are also proven to prevent proper functioning of the nervous system, blood circulation, immune system, joints, muscles and tissues.
To conclude, antioxidants protect your body from various diseases and pycnogenol is one of the most powerful antioxidant.