Castor Oil has amazing properties and can be used to save and regrow hair. It can be also used on eyelashes and eyebrows.
Castor oil is rich in vitamin E, minerals, proteins, and it has antibacterial and fungicidal properties. Castor Oil contains triglyceride of unsaturated fats (90% of which are made up of ricinoleic acid). This composition is what gives castor oil its incredible recuperating capacities. Ricinoleic acid is known to be powerful in disposing of and anticipating infections, yeasts, microbes and molds.
The Many Uses and Benefits for Castor Oil
- Castor oil has been shown to be able to thicken and regrow hair. It is rich in omega 9 fatty acids, which nourish the hair and follicles. If you massage a few drops of castor oil into your scalp, it will penetrate into the pores and follicles that produce hair.
- According to Dr. David Williams, castor oil can improve the Lymphatic Flow: “No drug exists that has the ability to improve lymphatic flow; however, the job can easily be handled through the topical application of castor oil.”
- Since castor oil contains ricinoleic acid, this gives it its anti-inflammatory properties, which makes it useful for the intestinal system and for inflammatory bowels diseases.
- It is helpful for yeast infections – the ricinoleic acid found in castor oil is able to inhibit the growth of bacteria, yeast and viruses.
- It is also well known that castor oil is very helpful in cases of constipation because it promotes regular bowel movement due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Gastrointestinal Problems
- Menstrual Disorders – castor oil will help you relax the muscles and avoid menstrual cramps.
- Acne – due to its content of ricinoleic acid, castor oil has is very helpful in treating skin problems.
- Athlete’s Foot
- Skin Problems
- Hair and dandruff – due to its fungicidal, germicidal and insecticidal properties, castor oil is an effective treatment for dandruff and helps protect the scalp from fungal and microbial infections.
Castor oil packs
You can use castor oil packs to benefit from this great natural remedy. They can help you if you suffer from kidney stones, irritable bowel syndrome, fibroids, swollen joints, ovarian blisters, digestive issues and menstrual spasms.
To make castor oil packs, put some castor oil on a cotton fabric folded in a few layers and put it on your skin. If you need to increase its effect, put a heated water container over the pack and leave it on for 60 minutes. Use it up to 3 times a week.