Some health problems can happen without our knowledge and recognition of warning signs. Stroke is one of such problems. It happens because the brain is not getting the proper amount of oxygen and nutrients.
The following signs should not be ignored:
- Numbness of the face, arms or legs, particularly if it occurs on the one side of the body,
- Sudden problems with the ability to speak and understand what is said,
- Problems with eyesight, one or both eyes,
- Sudden inability to walk, headache, loss of balance or coordination,
- Sudden headache without the apparent cause.
Other symptoms, which are not as common as the previously mentioned symptoms, include:
- Vomiting and sickness,
- Fainting, loss of consciousness and confusion,
- Facial pain,
- Accelerated breathing and pain in the chest area.
You can determine whether these symptoms of a stroke are present:
- If one side of the face is paralyzed during a smile,
- If one arm falls down when a person is asked to raise them both up,
- If a person’s speech is incomprehensible, that person must seek an immediate medical help.