Most of us live an insignificant and boring life. We follow a routine – wake up in the morning, get ready, go to work and return home, watch TV, have dinner and go to sleep.
And the cycle continues. It’s an unhealthy and discontent life. So, why are we living like this? We have just one life, and it is important to make the most of it.
Traditions, beliefs, habits and societal norms led us to live an automated life and follow a predetermined path.
It’s time to deprogram ourselves and break the routine.
Here are five ways to help you sort it out:
- Keep your power to yourself only. As kids, we are taught to follow the orders of adults, as a form of respect. Ultimately, it drove us to a juncture, where we started to doubt ourselves. As an adult, most of us give have given an authority the power to command us. Change the world – by starting from yourself. Take power and keep it with you. It’s your life, and you are responsible for it. No one else is!
- Break free from religion. The biggest religion in the universe is Humanity. All others are organized, peremptory norms that a few people have created to rule over everyone. Religion prevents us from thinking logically, searching for the truth and finding conclusions. Break the religious shackles and start understanding and expressing yourself instead.
- Break Free from materialism. We grew up in a consumer-laden environment. We purchase everything and anything, even if the product or material adds no value to our lives. Truth be told – money does not ultimately meet our needs. We need to have love, creativity, and friendship in our life, which money cannot buy. Invest in experiences, in relationships, in your passion.
- Read books that open your eyes and empower your mind. You will come across books and works of wise people, who have propagated and shared the secrets of living and ways to tackle every problem in life. Books will help open up your mind and heart. They will help you to perceive life in a positive and insightful light.
- Become mindful to the core. Start living in the NOW. Live at the moment. Get rid of life’s conditions and society shackles. Develop mindfulness and become responsive to every minute. Develop spontaneity and live life in the now!
“The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you’re inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it.” ~Morpheus, The Matrix
Truth Inside Of You